Tuesday, August 7, 2012

                                 Jelly and Basil


Good afternoon, and a very warm afternoon. I was suppose to take the dogs to the vet, but the only car I had has no air conditioner, to hot for the baby's today so it gave me a little extra time for a post. A couple days ago I came across a recipe for Garlic, Rosemary jelly. I think it was on Fayes blog "The Blessed hearth" I'm sure it's wonderful but I came across one in the Ball Blue Book and I had all the ingredients.

Do you have a Ball Blue Book? If you don't you need to get one. I've got three, one is very old. I believe you can pick them up at Walmart.


Anyway "jelly" I think I'm going to eat mine with cream cheese on crackers. It came out so good.


Garlic Rosemary Jelly

 1/4 pound garlic                   hand full of rosemary

2 cups vinegar                        5 cups sugar

                        1 pouch liquid pectin

Roast garlic for 10 minutes, peel, and puree with rosemary and 1/2 cup vinegar. Combine garlic 1 1/2 cup vinegar and sugar in a large pot. Bring to a boil stirring constantly. Stir in pectin. Return to a hard boil for one minute. Ladle hot jelly into jars, adjust caps and process 10 minutes.


Fresh Basil And Jelly

 I also picked a little basil today. I now have the basil in the dehydrator. I just love my herbs.

Dehydrating Herbs

Well that's what I've been up to today and of coarse tending to the animals(smile)

Now it's time to start thinking about supper before my husband gets home. Last night we had new potatoes, new beans and pork chops. I think tonight I will combine it all into a cassarole with lots of cheese, and this time of year we always have sliced cucumbers and tomatoes out of the garden. Guess it's time for me to go I'm getting hungry. 

Hope you all have a wonderful evening.

                                              Hugs

                                             Janice


1 comment:

  1. Hi Janice.. Your jelly looks good and is different from the one I made.. Basil is so good.. My favorite of all the herbs to eat..
    Making some pesto tomorrow..
    I got caught up on your posts.. Congrats on all of the ribbons.. Wow...

    ReplyDelete