Friday, August 10, 2012

Getting ready for the weekend


Rain, Rain, and boy do we need it. I've been spending the day getting ready to go camping with family in Harvey New Brunswick.

I've been cooking, packing, cleaning, and did I mention cooking(smile)

My niece requested fudge so that's done. I also made mini blueberry cakes and these chocolate covered saltines. They are so easy and they are wonderful. The kids will love them.

You just arrange your crackers on parchment paper on a cookie sheet.

Melt 1 cup of butter, with 3/4 cup of brown sugar. Boil for 3 min.Then pour over the crackers. Put in the oven on 350 for 5 min.

Sprinkle 12 oz of chocolate chips over the top. wait 5 minutes for them to melt then spread with a knife. Let cool until chocolate hardens. Break into pieces and enjoy.


Saltine Crackers
Brown sugar and butter

Finished crackers

 This afternoon Julie (From Our Little Red SaltBox) stopped by and brought me a case of peaches. I have another friend going to pick blueberries tomorrow. She's bringing me home a box full. So I think Monday I will be canning and making jam. Never a dull moment here.

The peaches are beautiful. Thank you Julie

Well that's all for today. I'm heading out to go camping with my umbrella in hand. Hope you all have a wonderful weekend.


1 comment:

  1. You are always so welcome! I think I am going to make more peach jam with mine and also some peach pie filling. I can't wait!
    Matt came home with 3 geese today. 2 female, 1 male. Looks like I'll have some goose eggs. Hmmm? I wonder what they will taste like?
    Hope you have a wonderful time camping. Stay dry!
    Julie

    ReplyDelete