Monday, August 27, 2012

Canning Season

It's that time of year when I get busy early in the morning, then at the end of the day I'm really ready for bed. "Its Canning Season"

First  I wanted to show you how big the turkeys are getting. I'm thinking maybe 2 or 3 more weeks

Turkeys are growing so fast

 Thank goodness for local farmers and friends, because the turkeys and chickens are doing a job on my garden.

Turkeys enjoying pumpkins and squash
I think I chase the birds out of here at least 10 times a day(smile)
The cucumbers look really good until you take a good look at the cumbers themselves













And see this. The turkeys enjoy them





Like I said everyone has been very giving. I have been able to save some from my garden but what I didn't was given to me. I've canned carrots, pickles, wax beans, green beans, garlic and rosemary jelly, raspberry jelly, strawberry jelly. I've froze corn, blueberries, strawberries, and fiddleheads.

I need to head out as I have to go pick up a pail of cucumbers from a friend.

Happy canning.

                                    Hugs Janice

1 comment:

  1. I love the colors of your canned goods! So fall looking. The turkeys are huge!! I still want to pet one.
    I am doing a giveaway on my blog, so be sure to sign up!
    www.ourlittleredsaltbox.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete