Monday, August 6, 2012

 I'm Back

Sorry I've been gone so long. It's been a busy summer, we've been tenting every weekend, there's been reunions canning, helping my grandparents, and the fair.

First of all check out these turkeys. They are getting so big, and they've been a lot of fun. They are a lot different than the old hens. They follow me every where. When I pull in the yard they come running. The downfall they poop all over the yard, and it's way cheaper to just go to the grocery store and buy a turkey, but this way I know where my food is coming from and I know I'm able to raise my own.

JUST CHECK OUT THAT FACE!!

 Then there was the fair last week. I did O.K this year. I entered 24 items(canning and baking) I came home with 18 ribbons!!!!!

RIBBONS FOR 2012

RIBBONS FOR THE LAST 3 YEARS. 65 IN ALL

 This family gathering is actually a cousins party. It's held in New Brunswick at a lake, the kids play games, do crafts, and we eat!! anyone who knows me knows I like to eat. This year there were 100 people at the cousins party. My husband has a rather large family(smile)

I DON"T THINK ALL THE FOOD WAS EVEN ON THE TABLES YET

MY MOTHER-IN-LAW WITH SOME OF HER CLAN

Well that's a little of what I've been up to. I hope to get back on track and start posting more often. Tomorrow I plan to do some canning, so stay tuned(grin)

Hope everyone has a wonderful evening.

                                               Hugs

                                              Janice


No comments:

Post a Comment