Friday, May 11, 2012

                             A Day with Gram

 

Good evening ladies. I hope everyone has had a wonderful day. 

 

This post is about my Gram she is 97 years old and she says at her age she doesn't feel anyone needs to see a picture of her. If they want to see her they should come see her in person(she's so cute) therefore no pictures will be on this post.

 My Gram still lives at home but she has her son with her. That would be my father(smile). He went away for the day today so Gram needed a little extra help. I got up early this morning got the animals all fed, beds made and pulled into her yard at about 8:30. This would normally give me a little time to get her breakfast started. Not this morning!! She was up, dressed and sitting at the table wanting to know where I'd been because she was getting very hungry (smile) So we enjoyed french toast and a large glass of milk. She loves white milk she told me this a few times. Her way of telling me she wanted her glass refilled.(grin)

After breakfast I fixed her hair and we just visited for a while. She likes to tell me stories but each story takes a while because I usually have to repeat myself a few times. I think in between each story she'd ask me "Who would ever want to live to be 100?!?" This is something she asks often. (smile) she'll be 98 in Sept. 

At 10:00 I had to tend to some things at home so I told her I'd be back by noon, she reads the paper and does crossword puzzles while I'm gone.

 12:00 I went back made her and dads dinner, did a little  house work, and got some laundry going. Gram was taking a nap so I settled in to read a good book. Wasn't long and I was taking a nap too. At 2:00 the buzzer went off on the dryer! Talk about coming out of a dead sleep I don't know who it jumped more me or Gram we laughed after. I really think she will see 100.Don't know about me?

At 3:00 I headed home to get hubby's dinner. I have a hard time making time to spend with Gram but when I do I so enjoy it. I'm lucky to still have her so I need to make time.

 If your blessed as I am to still have your grandmother don't over look her this Sunday. Mother Day is a great excuse to make the time.

Hope you all have a great weekend and a wonderful Mothers Day.

                                           Hugs Janice

2 comments:

  1. Hi Janice, I finally got it finished, well not finished, but started... www.ourlittleredsaltbox.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking of you! Happy Mother's Day. (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete