Thursday, May 10, 2012

                        First Keepers meeting and Turkeys


Good evening ladies a very cold rainy day in Northern Maine today, very normal for May.



I went out early this morning to feed the chickens when I got back my husband told me the post office just called the turkeys are here, and get this he wanted to go pick them up(my husband hates the animals or so he says)





Fifteen baby turkeys, I've been just like a mother hen all day. A couple times I really thought they were dead. Turkeys sleep different than chickens they just sprawl there bodies all over the place so cute. Have to keep in mind they'll be in the freezer in a couple months (smile)













fresh fiddleheads

Besides running up and down stairs all day checking on turkeys. I also spent the day getting ready for our first Keepers of The Home Meeting(Thank you Faye) We really have a lot of interest, but a lot were not able to attend tonight. We had seven ladies who attended. We learned how to blanch and freeze fiddleheads, and Julie taught us how to make these sweet pin cushions. We had a lunch and really enjoyed each others company. Our plans are to meet once a month.

blanching fiddleheads
making pin cushions


Julie teaching how to make pin cushions

Louann's finished product

                                                                                                   







I think everyone enjoyed the evening. Not sure what we're going to do next month, but I'm thinking homemade bread. I'm also hungry right now thats why homemade bread sounds so good.


Any ideas what we can learn to make us better mothers, wifes, Keepers of The Home?



1 comment:

  1. Hi Janice... I don't know how I missed these posts.. I have not had much time to do anything much but post so I sorry...
    Congrats on your Keepers meeting.. Looks lovely..
    It looks like a lot of fun and learning new is so encouraging...
    Keep up the good work..
    Blessings..

    ReplyDelete