Friday, February 7, 2014

        


                                             FAMILY

                         "   I seem to have started a tradition " 

Our winters are long and cold here in Northern Maine. The kids are busy with Christmas Balls, then comes ski-team and basketball, cheering (all my nieces and nephews are involved in one way or another) But about mid February everything starts to die down except for recreational sking.

Last year we spent our weekends at our camp where there's lots of snowmobiling, snowshoeing, and ice fishing. I started inviting family up on Sundays for a big dinner. I so enjoy cooking, and love to have company. 

Well I've been thinking about it lately and the kids are almost done with there sports for the season, so I'm thinking a turkey dinner in a couple weeks (I still have a couple turkeys in the freezer)

I think we'll make this a NEW TRADITION.


1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a nice tradition. A great time of year to do it, too. Not really that much going on end of Feb./Mar. Need something to fill in the time till spring gets here.

    Good to see a new post from you!
    Hugs,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete