Saturday, April 28, 2012

                    Mothers Day Gifts

Good morning everyone. The sun is just starting to come out now, we woke to snow and cold weather this morning but thats not unusual for this time of year.

 

The chicks are starting to hatch, we have three. I will do a post in a few days with some pictures. I'm sure there are more to come yet.(I get real excited over new babies)

cup and saucer plant poke

 

homemade soaps and lotion

Now lets talk about Mothers Day. I love Mothers Day and it's not far away. I don't buy all my gifts brand new some from thrift stores, some I make,and some will be brand new. Last week I did some shopping at our local second hand store, and I found these really neat tea cups for the flower garden for only$3. I don't think I can make them that cheap. I also found a couple of pretty plates with flowers on them. On each plate I've put some home made soap, and home made body lotion I made. The plates were $1 each. I don't know about you but I would love to get these things as a gift, and my mother is a lot like me she will love them. The best part I haven't spent much money plus I still have time to find some more neat gifts.

cup and saucer
Otis modeling cup and saucer
Wooden signs I made

So tell me what will you buy or make for Mothers Day?

 

Just want to add another neat thing I found on another blog: Regrowing celery.I don't know how well this is going to work but so far it's off to a good start. I took the base of store bought celery and placed in water it's just starting to root so I will plant it in dirt and watch it grow, maybe I will have celery growing in my kitchen that I can eat.(pretty cool Huh?)

 







Well I need to be getting ready I have a ThirtyOne purse party to attend this afternoon. Hope everyone enjoys their day for those of you in the North with me Keep warm(smile)


No comments:

Post a Comment