Sunday, April 29, 2012

                            A Happy but Sad Day

 

Good  morning all, beautiful morning here, just a bit cold but the sun is shining

 

I woke early this morning to a flashing light in the front of the house. Couldn't figure out what was going on so I had to get up. Took me a few minutes to figure it out. Sun was just comeing up over the mountain, and as the windmill was turning it was blocking the sun, looked like a large light flashing in my living room. Pretty cool but only lasted about 15 minutes.

 



Sad news first, went out to the coops to check for new babies. One hen had gotten up off her eggs and there was a dead baby, poor thing I hope the mama gets back on the eggs because there were 10 under her. I took care of the dead one then checked under the other hens. Happy news I saw at least four babies under two hens setting together. They are so cute, but with my luck they will all be roosters(smile)

couple of babies having breakfast

This picture is a baby hideing under mamas wing.








These are my chicks I'm sure there will be more to come. Hope every one has a wonderful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment