Friday, April 27, 2012

              Home made Liquid Hand Soap

Sorry I've been gone for a few days. My hubby had surgery this week. Although he's doing fine he still requires a lot of my time.


Today I'm going to tell you how to make liquid soap. Liquid soap wasn't any thing I planned to make until last fall when I was teaching a soap making class and we over cooked the soap, all 17 students had over cooked soap. I could have cried all the oils wasted (BAD TEACHER!!)I vowed to make it right no matter how much it cost. So I went home and made soap all week so the next class everyone had soap to take home.Now what to do with all the over cooked soap? So I got on line and researched, no way was I throwing out all that soap.


I found a recipe for Liquid hand soap it calls for one cup of grated soap, and that soap was so dry I could crumble it in my hands. so here goes.
               Liquid Hand Soap
1 c grated soap, water and glycerin
1 Cup grated soap
2.5 quarts water
1 TLBS glycerin
Mix soap and water in saucepan and put on low heat, stir until melted and smooth.


Let cool overnight.


Add glycerin, mix with a stick blender and put in containers
glycerin
grated soap
You can add scented oils if you like.


There you have it liquid hand soap.


melting soap in water
On another note I woke up this morning to one baby chick hopefully more in the next couple days. 


Hope you all have a great weekend I need to go now to tend to my husband. 
              



           Bye for now
  

2 comments:

  1. Thank you Janice! I can't wait to try this out. Where do I buy glycerin?
    Please tell Bev I hope he feels better. Julie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe I ordered that from Soapers Choice or Brambleberry. Its lasted so long I can't remember for sure.

      Delete