Tuesday, November 6, 2012

                          I'VE BEEN MISSED

Thank you for the messages and emails from my wonderful followers who have missed me. I don't know how much I'll be back but for right now I'm here.

Life has been busy. It started this past summer with my grandparents returning from Florida. I try to visit every day, and maybe cook them a treat sometimes. Today It was pumpkin pie with real whipped cream(yum) I don't have any pictures to show you but I do have a recipe.

First I cut up a very large pumpkin I grew myself(I'm so proud of my big pumpkins) I peeled and cut the pumpkin in chunks. Then I boiled it in just a little water till it was fork tender. Then I blended it until it was smooth with a stick mixer. ( I got 14 pints of cooked pumpkin from one pumpkin, which I froze)

Then I mixed: 2cups pumpkin,  2 eggs,  1 cup brown sugar, 2 Tlbs. flour,  1/2tsp salt,  2 1/2tsp pumpkin pie spice, 12oz milk.    Pour in a prepared pie shell,                                                             Bake 450 for 10min, then turn down to 350 and cook another 55 min.  This recipe makes one pie I doubled it for two. One was a little deeper and took about ten minutes more to cook.

The end result was really good, plus I've got more pumpkin in the freezer, maybe I'll make some pumpkin chip cookies next.

Well ladies I need to go get wood in the fire as it's suppose to be down to 17 degrees this evening. The joys of living in Northern Maine but I wouldn't change it for anything.

Hugs for now 

Janice


2 comments:

  1. Pumpkin pie is my husband's fave.. Your recipe sounds delicious.. I still have many pumpkins to do..I like freezing them but you can only freeze so many and we have no animals to feed them to.. smile..
    Glad you are back..xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. WELCOME BACK! I've missed you! Pumpkin pie is my FAVORITE pie of all time! I still have some pumpkins to do, also. I pulled some carrots from the garden that need to be blanched and frozen, too. There's always something, isn't there.
    Hope you have a great week!
    Blessings,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete