Sunday, June 24, 2012

                         Homemade Cake, Basil Bread, And Fudge

Good evening everyone, its been a very, very rainy weekend here in Northern Maine. My grandparents have made it home from Florida and are very well. I will be cooking most of there meals so I will be posting a little bit of cooking.

Warm milk cake cooling

Basil Bread rising

Basil bread divided into 4 small loaves

Finished product

Had to have a little taste and its very good!

Easy Chocolate Fudge


This fudge is real easy just boil hard for 3 minutes 3cups of sugar, 3/4 cup of butter, 2/3 cup of milk. After 3 minutes remove from stove and mix in 12oz. chocolate chips and 1 tsp. vanilla. I pour mine in a pan lined with parchment paper. After about an hour it should be ready to cut. This a really smooth and creamy fudge.

Chocolate fudge and warm milk cake with peanut butter frosting

 Fudge, Warm milk cake, and Basil bread. I think gram was very pleased, she loves homemade fudge.

As I'm writing this post the rain has stopped and the sun is peeking out. Hopefully it stays that way. Tomorrow I need to clean all the animals as there living in mud at the moment. Oh ya and the lawns really need to be mowed.

My last post I said I'd be posting about our Keepers of The Home Meeting. You can check it out over at Julie's blog. Our little red saltbox. I really enjoy her blog and I'm sure you will too.

Well time to relax and read a good book. I hope you all had a wonderful weekend.

                                                 Hugs

                                                 Janice


1 comment:

  1. I love your post! YUMMY!!! I have never been able to make fudge successfully, so I am going to try your recipe.
    Thanks for the blog mention! The pictures of the meeting came out nice. We need to make a Keepers album. Put me on your blog list!
    Have fun cleaning the animals. I'll be doing the same.

    ReplyDelete