Monday, June 25, 2012

                            The Count Down Begins

Hi everyone, well the rain held off today but I have a feeling it was just building up. The weather man is calling for heavy rains tonight and tomorrow. I'm o.k with that it's a good excuse to get some work done inside.

Well my count down has begun only six more days until we start only buying local food. For six months we will be eating from our pantry and locally  produced food. I'm excited and I like a good challenge.

Even though I'm excited about doing it, and my husband is about 85% on board you would not believe the people that are questioning me about doing it. Some have laughed at me, some think I'm crazy, some have even given me a hard time about it. I don't think I should have to answer to anyone about where I buy my food, but just so everyone knows it's my way of helping our local farmers. Why would you buy strawberries from another state when they grow right here? It's also for me, a challenge, a goal, something to work towards. It's going to be a challenge in itself but with people questioning me it makes me more determined to follow through. That's just who I am(smile)

Well I hope you will all be following me  over the next six months. How about if I challenge you to only buy local for one week could you do it?

Hope everyone has a great evening.

                                                 Hugs

                                                Janice


1 comment:

  1. another state? Many strawberries come from another country. Sometimes the label will just say "packed" in California or wherever, but aren't grown there. So sad. I am very proud for your decision. I also love the farmer's market and we buy locally as much as we can. I need to do better. I look forward to following your journey!! Good luck and thanks for helping the American economy!

    ReplyDelete