Tuesday, May 22, 2012

                               Raised Beds

Good evening everyone, sorry I haven't posted in a while. Seems like when the snow is finally gone there is so much to be done.

One project I've been working on is raised beds for my garden. I don't grow a large garden here at the house, because my Uncle Bob has huge, huge gardens, and cherry's, grapes and raspberry's which he allows me to pick all I want.(I'm so lucky)

I do have a small garden that always seems to be full of weeds.

The garden before I started the raised beds

I'm tired of always pulling weeds from the hard ground so this year I'm trying raised beds.

Bye Bye old Garden
not to bad but  I'm no carpenter

Black mulch all around the out side and walkways made with rocks. I really think I'm going to like my new garden. When it's all finished I'll post some more pictures. That's it for this evening Hope everyone has a wonderful day tomorrow.

                                      Hugs

                                           Janice

Oh almost forgot if you enjoy reading my blog you'll really like my friend Julies new blog at Our Little Red Salt Box, stop by and check it out.       Good night all.

1 comment:

  1. Janice, you are doing such a great job! It's hard work at first, but so worth it! I can wait to see the finished beds.

    The rhubarb will be here whenever you are ready for it.

    Julie

    ReplyDelete