Thursday, May 3, 2012

                          Lotions, scrubs and Fences


Good evening ladies. Hope everyone has had a wonderful day. My day was very productive. After getting the animals all tended to I spent an hour talking to a good friend on the phone. We get talking and time just flies by. Yes Julie I'm talking about you(smile)


Around 8:30 it was time to get my day started so the dogs and I took a ride around the mountain to look for fiddleheads. We only found a few so that will be another post in a few days.



Then we came home to start painting the cute little fences my husband bought me to go across the front of my chicken coops. I plan to put the fences up and plant flowers in front of them, but need to figure how I'm going to keep the chickens out of them.

before


after aren't they cute










In between painting fences I made some salt scrubs these are wonderful for any part of the body you just rub them on and rinse off . A couple years ago I bought a jar for $28. I can make the same thing for about $2 a jar. (what was I thinking $28?) All you need is jars, Epsom salt and Olive Oil. Mix in a large bowl until the salt is good and wet with the oil put in jars. It's that easy, oh ya Walmart has a lavender scented Epsom salt to ease aches and muscle pains and soothes your body for a deeper sleep and it smells wonderful.

salt scrubs
finished product

Next I made hand and body lotion. I found these cute little bottles for my lotion at a yard sale last weekend, they were full of old spices. The spice rack I'm going to use as a cupcake tower.

To make 6oz of lotion you need

1 Tlbs Emulsifying wax,  2Tlbs Olive Oil,  1 Tlbs Glycerin, 1/3 c distilled water, 2tsp essential oil.

Melt your oils and wax

Add water and essential oil


stir with stick blender until thick, If it doesn't thicken you can always melt a little more wax and add to it. You can find these items at soaperschoice or brambleberry.


I think I've got everything ready for the sale.

Tomorrow hubby has to go to the doctor so we'll be spending the day together. 

Hope everyone has a wonderful day tomorrow, leave a comment let me know if you've ever made lotion or scrubs.




1 comment:

  1. It was a nice chat for me, as well! You are such an industrious little girl. I love the fencing! Looks like you have a lot of things done. Mom loved the scrub we made in your class last year. She has been asking Robin for more. HMMM? Mother's Day is just around the corner.
    If there is anything you need or anything I can help you with, please let me know.
    Blessings,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete