Tuesday, April 17, 2012

                         Spring is Here


We are having beautiful weather for this time of year. I think we may have hit 75 today. 

I did get a couple loafs of bread and some cookies made this morning before going out side to do some work.

We're getting our camper ready to sell so I spent most of the day cleaning out all the bedding, dishes and summer things we had stored. It's like bringing everything from a summer home into our winter home, now whats a person to do with all this stuff.

In between cleaning the camper I planted 20 strawberry plants. I was told because they are a perenial it didn't matter what time of year I planted them. I hope they were right. I have three large flower beds in front of my house, this year I'm going to plant them all in strawberries. Looking like I need about 60 more plants. Not sure if I'll have berries this year but keeping my fingers crossed.

I also washed my bedding and hung out the first load of laundry this year. I can't wait to climb into bed tonight I love the smell of sheets hung on the line(smile)

Tomorrow is coop cleaning day, I'll try to remember to take pictures. I still have no baby chicks but the hens are still setting.

I know I promised a post on liquid soap, its looking like maybe Thursday I'll get some made.

Hope everyone has a good evening and a great day tomorrow.

                                 Janice


2 comments:

  1. Janice,
    Thank you for deciding to do the liquid soap! I am still out and need more. I have been holding off until I can make it though. Joe has been very patient with me.
    I bet you will have stawberries this year. Joe and I used to have a patch, but let it go a few years back. Just didn't have the time with 3 little boys running around.
    Let me know when you get some baby chickies. I'd love to go see them. Oh, and by the way...Joe and I went away this past weekend to Portland. We returned home to a goat living in our garage. Yes...Matt bought a goat at the trash and treasure sale! I still can't believe it and when I look at it, I think of you.(I know you want one)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Janice.. you sure are a busy girl.. Our weather is the same as you I imagine as we live so close... We need rain really bad, though. They have banned fires here in New Brunswick...
    We don't have strawberries except for a hanging plant but we love them.. Good for you..
    Blessings..

    ReplyDelete