Tuesday, April 3, 2012

                            BABY CHICKS BY EASTER?

                                                         Good evening everyone

                                         A beautiful day here in northern Maine 45 today

Sorry I haven't posted in a couple days, I've been trying so hard to get these pictures downloaded as you can see I've had no success. I will figure it out. If you can just imagine a picture of 2 sweet little silkie hens setting on there eggs, Five under one hen, three under the other. Those were the pictures I had for yesterday. Today I went out and there was another hen setting thats right three hens setting on eggs. Don't you just love spring they want so badly  to be mommies.

I wish just one time I would remember to mark on the calendar when they started setting, last time I didn't even know I had babies until they were outside running around. I am keeping my fingers crossed that we will have some chicks by Easter, and my girls have a pretty high hatch rate. I will keep you updated on the chicks and hopefully have some pictures.

My two bunnies are now enjoying being in there outside pen. I keep them in the basement all winter, keep thinking the more animals I bring in maybe it will encourage hubby to build me a small barn.

I am a real homebody I really enjoy staying in cooking, crafts, tending to the animals, but once in a while I do like to go out to lunch with a friend and do a little shopping which is what I did this morning. I feel a little time out with friends is real important. How often do you have girl friend time?

Tommorow my 13 year old niece is coming to stay with us for a week, I think I'll teach her how to spring clean(smile) and maybe we'll make some melt and pour soap, she enjoys learning from her Aunt, another reason to hope we have BABY CHICKS FOR EASTER. Maybe while my niece is here we'll figure out how to get some pictures posted, teenagers can do anything with a computer.

I will keep you posted on the chicks, and what my niece and I are cooking and doing for crafts this week.                    
                                Hope Everyone Has A Wonderful Day Tommorow


2 comments:

  1. I hope that you have a great time with your niece and cant wait to hear all about the things will do this week! Let me know if the camera helps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Janice..
    Your chicks sound wonderful.. I would love to have some but going away for the summers messes up any farming plans.. oh well..
    I bet your niece is going to have such fun with you.. Can't wait to hear what you get up to.. You sound like my kinda girl..grin..
    Blessings..

    ReplyDelete