Tuesday, March 27, 2012

                          Mother Natures Playing Tricks On Us

Another cold day here in Northern Maine, the wind is blowing so hard just the sound gives me the chills. Inside we have a nice warm fire going.

Last week we had very warm weather in the 70's,which is not normal for this time of year. 

Last weeks weather got me thinking about the garden, I planted some cilantro, and basil inside just to kinda take the edge off, because its still way to early to start anything just yet. I also purchased a bunch of seeds.

  1. Rosemary

  2. Sunflowers

  3. Dill

  4. Green and wax beans

  5. carrots

  6 Tomatoes

  7.Pumpkins

  8. Squash

  9. 2 Blueberry Bushes

This is just a start. Warmer days are ahead and I will be buying more. We grow and can or freeze all our veg. This is one thing I do not buy unless its from a local farmer. 

                           Have you started any gardening yet?

Check back I will start posting pictures, and Turkeys are in our future!!

                             Thanks for stopping by

1 comment:

  1. My husband and I are also ready for spring to arrive, and have already started some of our vegetables from seed. Our tomatoes, cilantro, hot peppers, and Thai basil are up about 3-4 inches. Our thyme and mint are just peeking up above the dirt, and our heirloom tomatoes and brussel sprouts have yet to show their little green faces. We both enjoy planting a large garden, and look forward to to making jams, canning, freezing and storing the many fruits and vegetables we grow.

    ReplyDelete